What are the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes in kids and adults?

Type 1 diabetes is a chronic condition and one of the types of diabetes. This type of diabetes is detected more in children and teenagers which will be with them for a lifetime. Only 5% of people with diabetes are detected with type 1 diabetes and the other 95% of diabetic patients are reported with type 2 diabetes.

If your parents or siblings have been detected with type 1 diabetes then you will be at a higher possibility of getting this kind of diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes symptoms normally will be very subtle and occur suddenly. It may take up to some weeks to show the symptoms. Observing the symptoms when you are at risk factor will help you with quicker diagnosis and also helps to begin quick treatment to avoid complications.

Type 1 diabetes symptoms are found both in children and adult

Symptoms of diabetes in children

  • Wetting the bed at night

Kids are supposed to experience a lot of urination due to glucose imbalance in the body. If your kid is properly potty trained and suddenly wetting the bed at night will be a symptom of diabetes

  • Vaginal infection for girls before hitting puberty

If your daughter having a vaginal infection often before hitting puberty then it may end up as a symptom of diabetes.

  • Extreme thirst

Due to a lot of urination your kid will become more thirsty.

  • Nausea and vomiting

Feeling like vomiting and not able to take food properly.

  • Blurred vision

Eyesight issues are one of the important signs of kids having diabetes. Blurred vision or not able to see properly is important diabetes symptoms.

  • Feeling tired

Always feeling tired without more physical activity.

  • Always feeling hungry

Kids search for more amount of food. When the muscles are not getting a good amount of energy then it will trigger your child to have more amount of food.

  • Loss of weight even after having large amounts of food

Even after having a sufficient amount of food if your kids lose weight. Then consult your physician immediately.

  • The fruity smell in breath

  • Kids becoming irritable more often

  • Wounds taking more time to heal

Take your kid immediately to the physician if your kid experiences the above symptoms. Consulting the physician fast will make the treatment process easy and comfortable.

Symptoms in adults include

  • Frequent Urination

  • Increased thirst

  • Eating a lot and always feeling tired

  • Dry mouth

  • Blurred vision

  • Fatigue

  • Sudden weight loss

  • The fruity smell in breath

  • Mood changes

  • Cuts or wounds taking time to heal

  • Behavioral changes

  • Changes in eyesight

If you are having the above-mentioned troubles then it is advised to visit your physician as soon as possible.

Some of the emergencies of type 1 diabetes are

  • Feeling shaky and confused

  • Sudden unconsciousness

  • The heavy fruity smell in the breath

  • Fast breathing

  • Unbearable stomach ache

An emergency is faced while ignoring the symptoms. So if you are at the risk factor it is better to have an eye on the symptoms of type 1 diabetes. Also, have an immense amount of attention to your child if you or your spouse are detected with type 1 diabetes.

Share on social media

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Improving medical care with Cankado PRO-React Diabetes

Cankado has an innovation to improve medical care of patients in the phase of diabetes treatment. The digital healthcare application, Pro-react Diabetes that works based on electronic patient-reported outcome[Epro], assists both patients and physicians in tracking the disease progression. The feature of an auto-generated situation-specific symptom questionnaire and answer tailored behavior recommendations on the patient side improves diabetic care.

Cankado PRO-React Diabetes

© 2021 Diabetes.Cankado. All rights Reserved

CANKADO is approved as an active Class I medical device within the European Union (registration number DE/CA59/11976/2017) and is compliant with the FDA classification for Mobile Medical Devices (2015) Appendix B.

CANKADO processes information about your visit on this website using cookies. These are required to ensure the correct functionality of the homepage, to improve its performance and our third-party services. These services cannot be used without your consent.